Yesterday we filmed the remaining shots within limbo, as well as the last memory (the gaming shot). This has allowed us to finish off the coursework editing.
As well as filming the scenes, we had to make props (such as blood) to help with the scene of our main character coming out of his memories into reality. We had to get caster sugar, food colouring and a drop of water. as blood is very thick and dark we had to use a lot of blood and food colouring, red and black, to make more of a realistic effect on the camera.
Though the cuts on the actors face aren’t realistic, we made a thick blood liquid that we placed onto the actors face.
Here is some of the evidence shots:
Yesterday evening we filmed some of the remaining shots which we were in need of filming (the prom shots and the post it note shots). The shots came our very well, we found a new location which we felt worked with the idea of a romantic and fun prom. We thought of the idea of taking pictures while filming so that it had the sense of taking photos at prom.
In the next few days we plan to film the remaining few memories and re filming the shots that needed to be re-filmed. On Monday 16th we will be filming the prom memory and the post it note memory.
On Tuesday 17th we will be re filming the limbo shots what went wrong and also the final memory of the video gaming memory.
We are still editing, but looking at what we have done so far, we want to add some natural light to our piece which’ll add more of a realistic feel and show the audience the difference in days. During our soon filming days, we plan to film at more different ares.
For our gaming memory we want to go to another room, with the sun light more visible. We will be filming at Arnold’s home, using the space availability and the boyish look to it to add to the ‘gaming’ scene. As well as this we want to film our prom memory shot where we want to be outside in the open area, just before sunset thistle give the effect of romance within the memory.
So as we have two filming days, we had decided to put them all into Final Cut Pro to allow us see how long our sequence is so far and how we need to think about the remaining shots we need to film and how we will then will film the others shots to make the transitions smooth. We also; because we didn’t have all of our shots, put in placeholders to show the where the needed shots will be.
So during our filming session on the 9th, we filmed numerous different shots such as:
- Sparkler shots (memory)
- Halloween shots (memory)
- Packing with GF shot (memory)
- Drunk shots (memory)
This allowed us to do a wide range of shot types, experimenting with how we want to transition and edit the shots, these are the shots we have experimented with so far:
- Close Ups
- Establishing shots
- Over the shoulder shots
- Wide shot
- Tight Frame
- Two shot
- Low angle shot