As we have now finished with our filming, we plan to use the remainder of the week to edit the rest of the main task and get the filming exactly right. cutting down the shots and making the film 5 minutes long.
After researching words on thesaurus and seeing what types of words cam up to help inspire us. We all found our own words and made a list to of what we would like as a name. This was our list:
This is the result after having a vote with our target audience whom have been informed on what our narrative/plot is:
During our lesson, as we are editing we are also thinking about sound and where within our scenes we will insert these sounds. Thinking about the way we want to have the editing influenced by the sound. This allows us to think during editing about how we want to edit the scenes to compliment the sound. So far we have found a range of sound effects for the beginning scene (The white sound), the sound during the memories and also the sounds during the montage. These are the sounds:
- My love (piano loop)
- Piano improvisation 2.
- Calm synthesiser, B wav.
- Slow introduction 0T22m
- Marianna piano melody.wav
- Lonely piano om-30p7h
- Eerie background space.
- Funny goat sound.
- cinematic intro IN5B
- Ringing saws.wav
- Ringing in the ears.
Yesterday we filmed most of Limbo shots, currently we are editing the limbo shots into Final cut and putting in place holders for the pieces that we haven’t filmed yet. This will allow us know for future reference when we have filmed the shots so we can just crop and replace the holders.
After going through all the shots that we have taken, there is still a few bits for limbo that we need to continue filming with. As well as re shooting shots such as:
- Walking towards the alcohol bottle
- Taking the polaroid picture from the side
- Walking towards the suitcase
- Car crash shot
- Looking in mirror
- Opening door
Shots in limbo:
Video game controller
Video game controller
Video game accessories
Other Revision things
Playing with dog:
Drunk for the first time:
Accident in reality:
Last shot in limbo:
White pillow case
My team and I decided that within the next two weeks we will be filming our main task videos, because we need to base our filming around our actor (Panashe) we had to find our when he would be free. We have decided to film on Sunday 6th, where we will be looking at filming all of the limbo shots with our main actor. This will give us the set up for the filming the rest of the short film.
We also plan to continue filming during the next week on Wednesday where we will go into filming the memories. Though we have two days between each filming days we will begin editing the limbos scenes onto Final Cut pro.
When looking at the memories we plan to shoot, we will have a lot of different props for the transitions between limbo and memories. There are a lot of different stimulous for our memories (all of which are physical teams). So we decided we needed to make a prop list which allows us tot know exactly what we need to start filming.
- Post-it note (memory stimulus/prop)
- Polaroid photo (memory stimulus/prop)
- Game controller (memory stimulus/prop)
- Dog Collar (memory stimulus/ attire for dog)
- Tie (memory stimulus/wardrobe)
- Empty Alcohol bottle (memory stimulus/prop)
- Polaroid (prop)
- Game console (prop)
- Dog (prop)
- Fake blood (prop)
- Sparklers (props)
- Suit case (prop/stimulus)
- Men clothing (prop)
- Mirror (tie scene)
- Basic bed (limbo)
- Desk (limbo)
- Stand (limbo)
- White bed sheets (limbo)
- Panashe Limbo – White top/t-shirt and white/black trousers
- Ellesha Halloween – Halloween makeup and normal clothing
- Panashe Halloween – Halloween makeup (same as Ellesha) and normal clothing
- Ellesha Prom – Prom dress (formal)
- Panashe Prom – Black suit (formal)
- Panashe drunk – generic clothing
- Friends drunk – generic clothing
- Panashe video games – generic clothing
- Panashe packing – generic clothing
- Ellesha packing – generic clothing